Monday, April 1, 2013

Hubby made the front page!

Hubby went to a fire yesterday and he is seen on the front page of the paper this morning going into the burning house, so proud of him! Here is an excerpt from the newspaper:

Four escape overnight house fire in Stafford County

Photo sent in from Mark Doyle
By ROB HEDELT
Fire officials have ruled that an overnight house fire in Stafford County that sent one firefighter to the hospital started from accidental causes.
Mark Doyle, assistant chief with Stafford Fire and Rescue, said damages from the blaze — at 31 Bloomington Lane in the Stonebridge at Widewater subdivision at 1:33 Sunday morning — have been estimated at $110,000.
Four adults escaped the house fire, and the one firefighter was injured when debris fell on him during a partial roof collapse. The firefighter was taken to the hospital, where he was treated for neck and back pain, according to Doyle.
After the partial collapse, firefighters re-entered and brought the fire under control within 40 minutes.
Units from the following stations responded: Aquia,  Stafford, Potomac Hills, Falmouth, Garrisonville, Mountain View, Hartwood, White Oak, Widewater, Rockhill, Mountain View Rescue Rehab Unit, Quantico Fire Rescue, as well as the fire marshall.

1 comment:

  1. oh my!!! That is such a dangerous job. I am sure you worry about him all the time!

    ReplyDelete