5 Value-Adding Home Improvements
photos/422844/dublin-famous- colorful-doors-422844.jpeg? auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h= 350
If the time has come for you to sell your home, it goes without saying that you are going to want to get as much money as possible for your investment. A lot of people decide to make a number of home improvements before they put their property on the market so that they can ask for a larger sum of money. However, the last thing you want to do is waste your cash on improvements that do not add value. So, let’s take a look at five improvements that will certainly do the business…
- Pave over the front garden – Do you live in a location whereby parking space is a premium? If so, paving over the front garden is a good idea, enabling you to add thousands to your property’s asking price. To ensure there is a bit of aesthetic appeal and color, keep a few flowerbeds.
- Refurbish the front door – A lot of people underestimate just how important their front door is. After all, this is the entry to your home and one of the first things that people will see when they arrive at your property. It sets the tone for the rest of the house, so you need to make sure your front door looks great. You have two options. You can, of course, purchase a new front door. The other option is to give your entrance a revamp by investing in the likes of a new doorknob and a stainless steel house number. No matter what option you go for, make sure your selection is in-keeping with the rest of your property.
- A new roof – One option that a lot of people overlook is a new roof. A roof should be replaced roughly every 15 years, and this is unlikely to be something that your buyers are going to want to spend money on themselves. By getting in touch with roofing companies before your property goes on the market, you can definitely drive up the value of your home.
- Invest in your bathroom – There is no denying that the bathroom is one of the most important rooms to pay attention to when selling your property. The key is to keep things simple. It is more about the features the bathroom provides rather than the color or décor used. You may want to look at getting a heated towel rail installed, for example.
- Bring the outdoors in – Last but not least, making your garden accessible and enjoyable from your property can boost value too. You can do this by investing in glass doors or adding a conservatory.
So there you have it: five different options for anyone that is looking to boost the value of their property before putting it on the market. If you follow the suggestions that have been presented above, you should not only be able to command a higher price but hopefully secure a quick sale too.